Materials Handler (Receiving)
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
Title: Materials Handler (Receiving)
Location: Charlottetown, PE
The Company: The DME Group is comprised of Diversified Metal Engineering, Atlantic Systems Manufacturing and Newlands Systems. With manufacturing facilities in Charlottetown, PEI, Abbotsford, BC and Loris, South Carolina, the organization is a global leader in the design and fabrication of stainless steel equipment and products. The DME Group has over 50 years of combined experience producing equipment for the craft beer, food processing, aquaculture, biotech and bioenergy industries.
Overview: The Materials Handler will be responsible for all material movement activities including, Shipping, Receiving, Issuing materials, Operating a forklift, Inventory counting and accuracy and general Stores activities.
Reports to: Stores Supervisor
- Provide exceptional service for DME customers, employees and suppliers.
- Establish and maintain strict organization standards in the receiving warehouse.
- Maintain organized and accurate files for all receiving related paperwork.
- Maintain all inventory information in SYSPRO MRP System.
- Receive all product deliveries and maintain flow of inventory.
- Sort and unpack product that has been delivered; operate forklift to transport product to appropriate areas.
- Schedule deliveries and shipments, authorize unscheduled deliveries, and ensure space is available for incoming product.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of inventory received; match delivery manifest to incoming product, observe condition of incoming product, and complete paperwork with attention to accuracy.
- Identify product for special order or installs and department customers; tag as necessary, place in designated area and inform appropriate team members or customers.
- Assist, when required, staging and loading product onto outbound trailers using accurate procedures.
- Assist with production line, retrieving packaging and raw materials as directed.
- Move and unload shipping materials such as pallets, drums, lugs, and packing materials.
- Move finished goods from end of production line to assigned locations.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment to ensure the best workflow.
- 100% commitment to providing and upholding a safe work environment; Safe and responsible use of material handling equipment such as forklift, power jack, high reach, and hand jack to efficiently carry out all shipping department duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Skills / Traits
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong time management skills.
- Attention to detail.Practical and effective problem solver, ability to “think on your feet”.
- Work well under pressure while maintaining positive attitude.
- Ambitious, self-starter with a sense of urgency.
- High ethical and professional standards.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Persistent and result–orientated.
- Track record of overachieving.
- High level of pride in one’s work.
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Maintains appropriate levels of optimism and enthusiasm.
- Good sense of humour.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Demonstrate safe work practices.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Ability to perform job duties that involve stretching, bending, lifting and carrying objects of varying weights.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Completion of Grade 12
- Minimum 2-5 years Shipping & Receiving experience.
- Experience with the safe operation of a forklift.
- Adept at using MS Office products, including Excel.
- Experience in Syspro operating system considered an asset.
This is a full-time position based in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. It offers a competitive salary based on experience, and benefits package.
DME is wholeheartedly committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace environment for all current and future employees. As an integral part of upholding this promise, the DME Drug and Alcohol Policy requires all applicants who have successfully completed a primary interview to provide a negative pre-employment drug and alcohol test, facilitated by a third-party provider.
If you have the skills and talents to contribute to the growth and success of DME, please email a cover letter and resume by July 27th, 2018 to HR@dme.ca. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit applications prior to the closing date.
DME thanks all applicants but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.